If you’re defenseless against those afternoon munchies, like me, then Bliss Balls are for you… Once you start making them, you realize it’s so easy to graze on these healthy, crunchy nibbles instead of that afternoon office coffee run with a flap jack…
Each little ball is totally paleo, gluten-free, refined-sugar free and lactose-free… even better!
- 1/2 Cup of Macadamia Nuts
- 1/2 Cup of Walnuts
- 1 Cup of Shredded Coconut
- ¾ cup Medjool dates
- Large pinch of sea salt
- 1 Cup of Dried Apricots
There are so many hundreds of combinations you could use for bliss balls, all with dried fruit and nuts as the core ingredients, and they are all delicious. Try my Key Lime Pie ones (previous post) if you like a more tangy zesty sweetness.
- Pop the dates in to a magimix and blend until they are all broken down and creamy
- Then add in the nuts, half of the coconut, the apricots, salt and blitz again.
- Blend until its all smooth and creamy. (If its too dry add more dates or a teaspoon of Honey or Coconut Oil)
- Pick out small amounts of the mixture and roll in to balls, then roll these sticky balls in to the coconut.
- You’re done! Pop them in the fridge and snack as required!
- Hope you enjoy and look forward to all your tagged creations on Instagram!
This recipe comes from PwPantry.com checkout her site for more great recipes