This time of year we can sometimes become so overwhelmed with weight loss fad diets that one forgets the very simplest of rules of nutrition are normally the best way to go. Most research has shown that you can’t go wrong with eating mainly plant-based foods supplemented by organic, seasonal fish. With this in mind, the below is a seriously easy one-pot dish that you can whip up for dinner guilt-free. Cod is currently in season so it won’t hurt your bank balance either…
- Organic Cod Fillets
- Chopped Tomatoes (can and/or fresh)
- Chopped Red Onions
- Chopped Garlic (quite a few cloves)
- A sprinkle of rosemary or mixed herbs
- Big handful of Pine Nuts
- (Grated Cheese and breads crumbs on top is also delicious if you’re not on a January health kick!)
- In a heatproof pan, place your fillets in the middle. Then add all the ingredients except the Pine Nuts.
- Pop it in the oven for 15 minutes at 350’F until it’s beautifully soft.
- Once cooked, serve up with whatever salad or greens you like, and a nice vine of extra tomatoes.
- At the very last moment pan fry the Pine Nuts in just a dash of Olive Oil and sprinkle them on top. They really make the dish…
- Total paleo, gluten free and low fat. Enjoy!
This recipe comes from PwPantry.com checkout her site for more great recipes