With Shrove Tuesday / Pancake Day just around the corner on the 17th February, now is the time to start practising your pancake cooking…
It is a real challenge creating pancakes without flour or sugar, but below are my new favourite (and really easy) delicious banana and chia seed pancakes… a healthy paleo version of something normally much naughtier!
Ingredients: (makes about 5 pancakes)
- 2 large bananas
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 tspn Chia Seeds
- 4 tspn Coconut Oil
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1/2 tspn of Baking Powder
- Fruit for Garnish such as Banana & Blueberries
- Agave nectar or Honey
- Mash the bananas until smooth, then add the egg and beat well. Next stir in the Chia Seeds, Baking Powder and Salt. Leave to rest for 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat and melt some coconut oil.
- Pour a circle of batter in to the middle, let it spread out but not too big.
- Cook until golden brown on each side (about 1 minute ish), flipping over half way.
- Once you have cooked all 5 pancakes, stack them up on top of each other, layered with bananas and blueberries in between. Drizzle honey over the top. YUM!
You can try all different types of flavouring with these, like strawberries and grated coconut, or blueberries and crispy bacon etc. Whatever you enjoy with your breakfast pancakes!
This recipe comes from PwPantry.com checkout her site for more great recipes