Bent Over Row
Complete 4-5 sets of 8-10 reps
60 seconds rest in between sets
Traps, Lats and Lower Back
This week’s exercise routine features a bent-over row in a pull day back routine using just a cable system. On days when I am short on time to get a full workout in but don’t want to skip the gym I like to set my workouts up in circuits on the cable machine. Cable exercises allow you to keep constant tension throughout the movement, maximizing your time under tension and essentially muscle growth.
- Start with your back arched and feet spread slightly wider than shoulder width with your knees bent so that the emphasis and load is on your back. The cable should be in the lowest position in the machine (image 1)
- Pull the barbell toward you with an underhand grip all the way to your abdomen (image 2)
- Repeat this motion while consciously isolating your upper and lower back muscles
- Notice the finish form of image 3
This exercise is a good candidate for being done in a circuit set
- Adding in a Standing Cable Pullover
- Seated Close Grip Row
- Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
The circuit set would be performed by doing each of these exercise with a minimul, 10-30 seconds, or no break in between. Typically you would do all four exercises with a minute break and then repeat all four again for a total of four circuit sets
This exercise is not advised for people with lower back problems or hernias.