This is one post I can’t claim credit for as it is a recipe from my Great Grandma in Australia, but this old-fashioned favorite just goes to show you don’t need new fancy recipes to enjoy a healthy treat. This is low in saturated fat compared to most cakes but still has a deliciously MOIST texture and sweet taste. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 Cup of Self-Raising Flour
- ½ cup of Chopped Dates
- ½ Cup of Chopped Walnuts
- ½ Cup of Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon
- 1 ounce of Butter
- ¾ Cup of Water
- Simply sift together all the dry ingredients
- Add the fruit
- Meanwhile heat the butter and water together in a pan and bring to the boil
- Mix in all the other ingredients and stir it all up
- Pour in to a tin and bake at 170’C for 35 minutes.
This recipe comes from PwPantry.com checkout her site for more great recipes