If you’re trying to cut down on coffee or avoid dairy but you’re missing your morning latte, try making this Almond Milk Matcha to start your day.
Matcha is a Japanese Organic super concentrated Green Tea Powder. It still has a kick of caffeine but comes with so many antioxidants and nutrients (equivalent of 5 cups of green tea!) With matcha we are actually drinking the entire matcha tea leaf which is why it is much more nutrient dense than standard green tea.
- Milk (Almond/Coconut/Dairy)
- Some Water
- Matcha Powder
- Start heating up your milk (Almond/Coconut/Dairy) in a pan.
- Meanwhile add just a small dash of boiling water to the Matcha Powder in a cup and mix it all around so it dilutes.
- Once your Milk is warm, add to the matcha water and stir.
- Top up with a bit of honey and some cinnamon.
Let me know if you try any good variations! PWPantry x
L-theanine, one of the most prevalent amino acids in Matcha Tea, is known to have a relaxing effect on the body and the mind. Traditionally monks would sip matcha tea to help ease their mind for meditation while the subtle caffeine content creates focus. Have a try and see if it hits your morning coffee spot!
This recipe comes from PwPantry.com checkout her site for more great recipes