Sweetcorn fritters can be a bit hit and miss when you go out for brunch. Some are deep fried soggy patties, whereas others are delicious corn filled tasty treats. I tried to make these more like the latter, and keeping a “healthier” twist by using Coconut Flour instead of normal, although both work well.
They go especially well with a spicy smashed avo, and the hot poached egg on top works a dream. Try this weekend for a different Sunday brunch!
For the Smashed Avo:
- 4 Half a red onion
- Juice of one Lime
- Chili flakes
- Eggs for poaching and popping on top
For the fritters:
- 1 Cup of Sweetcorn
- 3 Beaten Eggs
- ¼ Cup of Coconut Flour
- Half of a Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Spring Onions
- 1/2 Cup of Almond Milk (or normal if not Dairy Free)
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Paprika
- Sprinkle of Chilli flakes and Seasoning
- To start, make your smashed Avo and pop it in the fridge before you get going on the rest. Just add finely chopped onion, chopped up Avocado, the Lime juice and LOTS of salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- Turn on your grill.
- For the batter, mix together your Coconut Flour, Baking Powder, Beaten Eggs, Spring Onion, Onion and Sweetcorn. Add Milk bit by bit and stir until it starts forming a batter.
- Heat up a big pan and start melting your Coconut Oil. Add a few heaped tablespoons of your batter using a spatula to keep a small rounded circle. The batter can get a bit sticky and hard to flip so its easier if you let one side cook for 2 minutes in the pan, then pop your whole pan in to the oven grill for another few minutes to cook the top.
- Once they’re crispy, serve up on a place with your Smashed Avo, a squeeze of lime, and a poached egg. Extra Chilli flakes, Salt and Pepper and Voila!
This recipe comes from PwPantry.com checkout her site for more great recipes