Cauliflower Base Pizza
Recipe by: PW Pantry
When the nights are dark and the weather is grey like now, there’s nothing more tempting than the thought of curling up with a plate of delicious warming food, or a carb heavy pizza… However, it can often be tricky to find indulgent dishes that aren’t either loaded with calories or need a professional chef to prep…
Below is an oh-so-satisfying dinner to help with those cravings, but still keeps nutrition levels high and end your day on a good note.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Ready In: 50 minutes
Ingredients: (For 1 Pizza)
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan (optional!)
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg
- Salt & pepper
- Tomato pizza sauce (homemade or just tomato puree)
- 1 cup of grated mozzarella
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- Other toppings as you like – prosciutto, jalapenos, ham, mushrooms, etc
- Heat the oven to about 190’C and pop your baking tray to heat up.
Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and trim the stalk end, then cut into little chunks. Blitz it in a food processor until finely chopped, like rice or couscous texture (see )
- Tip all the cauliflower in a bowl, and microwave for 5mins until softened. Tip onto a clean (!) tea towel and (once it has cooled) scrunch up the tea towel and squeeze AS MUCH liquid as you possibly can out of the cauliflower. This will help it to bind later and where most people slip up…
- Stir in the ground almonds, beaten egg, oregano, parmesan (optional but much tastier) and lots of seasoning. Line a baking tray with baking paper and rub with a bit of olive oil.
- Put the cauliflower mix onto the tray and use your hands to squidge and spread the dough into a pizza shape crust.
- Bake for 15 mins until golden brown and starting to crisp a little at the edges.
- Take it out and spread over the tomato paste and toppings. Whatever your preferences are, sprinkle them over and pop in back in the oven. We went for mozzarella, prosciutto, salami, sun-dried tomatoes, peppers, and jalapeños.
- After about 6 minutes until the cheese is all melted, take it out to cool and garnish with fresh basil to serve.
- If you’re carb free, paleo, gluten free or just trying to manage your nutrition levels a bit then this is a delicious option.
This recipe comes from PwPantry.com checkout her site for more great recipes