Squid Ink Pasta is a delicious, gourmet ingredient enhancing the dish visually with its bright black colour and as well as in flavour, as it’s infused with tasty squid ink. You can serve with prawns or any seafood, but I chose mussels, sea urchin and calamari for today’s dish. All flavours of the sea, enhanced by salty samphire.
Vallebona do a beautiful squid ink spaghetti if you need.
- Sea Urchin Sauce
- Fresh Mussels
- Cooked Calamari
- Chopped Garlic (as many cloves as you can bare to chop up!)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Dill
- Cook Spaghetti in boiling salted water until al dente (approx 10 mins)
- Meanwhile, cook Mussels at the same time in another pan of boiling water.
- In a third pan, melt some butter and add chopped Garlic. Slowly simmer for a minute or two on low heat, but don’t let it burn. Add the samphire and cooked calamari so it’s all mixing around in the garlic and butter heating up.
- Drain the Spaghetti. Add Sea Urchin Sauce and mix around whilst it’s piping hot.
- Add the Mussels to the Samphire and Calamari mix with a glug of the Olive Oil.
- Serve the Seafood on top on the Spaghetti with a Sprig of Fresh Dill.
This recipe comes from PwPantry.com checkout her site for more great recipes