If you are as obsessed with Halloween as me, you’ll love incorporating the holiday in to everything you cook as well…! Up next is a recipe on mini carved pumpkin faced ….!
To celebrate the event perfectly, try this warming seasonal soup with a “spooky” twist..!
- 2 Small Butternut Squash, peeled and deseeded
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Red Onions
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Red Chilli
- Vegetable stock (the nicer the better)
- 1 pot of Double Cream for Decoration
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Rosemary
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- Heat oven to about 350’F.
- Peel and chop up the Sweet Potatoes and the Butternut Squash. Add to a large roasting tray with lots of Olive Oil, 4 large pinches of Cinnamon, a generous amount of Dried Rosemary, Salt and Pepper, and then roast for about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop and fry the Onions, Garlic and Chilli in a saucepan. Once they are soft, add your stock, about 4 cups worth and mix all together. Bring to the boil for about 10 minutes. Add more Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Rosemary here. Lots of Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Once the Squash is out of the oven, put it in the blender and whizz until it is smooth. Mix it all in with the stock and whizz again.
- Heat it up again in a big pan before you serve and do delicious drizzling of Double Cream in a Halloween Cob Web pattern…! Or just a pretty drizzle if you’re not as Halloween obsessed…
This recipe comes from PwPantry.com checkout her site for more great recipes