Green Smoothie Bowl
Recipe by: PW Pantry
Whip up a bowl of nutrient-dense deliciousness really easily for breakfast any day of the week with this Green Smoothie Bowl Recipe. This has a dairy-free spinach and banana smoothie base with added Matcha powder for an extra hit of zinc, iron and calcium.
Matcha is a super-concentrated, antioxidant packed green tea powder with amazing nutritional benefits, but you can make this without if you don’t have any, or indeed add Spirulina/Chlorella powders for greenness.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Ready In: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup of Almond Milk (or any type of milk you like!)
- 1 cup frozen Banana chunks
- 1 teaspoon of Matcha Powder (I like teapigs)
- 2 handfuls of Spinach
- Different superfoods to decorate with, like Bee Pollen/Flaxseeds/Coconut Flakes
- Put your frozen bananas, spinach, matcha, and almond milk in a blender and process until everything is smooth and the texture is ice cream. Add a little cold water or more milk if the smoothie is too thick. Then simply pour into a bowl and top with your berries and chosen toppings.
- As it is made up of banana and berries, each bite packs lots of potassium that will keep your muscles from cramping during a workout. Bee Pollen is also a natural energy booster so it’s a fantastic topping to start your day.